We are working intensively on the next generation of Freematics ONE (namely Freematics ONE+) with Espressif ESP32 as main controller which boosts the device with 240Mhz dual core processing power, 520KB RAM, 16MB flash as well as WIFI and BLE connectivity. 2G and 3G modules are still plug-in as xBee module. There will be integrated GPS receiver while the socket for external GPS receiver is still kept and can be programmatically configured for generic digital/analog I/O as well. This will truly make the vehicle data logger the Swiss army knife for vehicle telematics project. Stay tuned!
MegaLoggerHD is a reworked version of MegaLogger which targets at the new Telematics Shield with 3.5″ LCD of 480×320 resolution designed for our OBD-II Telematics Advanced Kit. It supports both Freematics OBD-II I2C Adapter and UART Adapter V2 (by switching in config.h). The code has just been committed to github. This is the initial revision. Subsequent improvements will be followed.
Freematics OBD-II Emulator GUI updated with newly added control interface for OBD Readiness Monitors which allows you to control what kind of OBD readiness results your OBD-II device can fetch from Freematics OBD-II Emulator.
The new 3.5″ LCD shield for our Telematics Advanced Kit is released! This time we teamed up with DFRobot to bring our fans higher quality hardware design and build.
The new hardware can be ordered now with the kit. Click here to head for the online store.
The hardware development of Freematics ONE is finalized and first batch of 500pcs has been manufactured and is now being tested. Since many have expressed interest in the new product, we hereby publish some close look pictures and details of it.
- STM32 based OBD-II solution (CAN BUS, K-line, NMEA parsing)
- Compatible with Arduino UNO/Bluno (ATmega328p main controller)
- STM32 and ATmega328p connected by SPI
- TI CC2540 based BLE & USB connectivity
- MPU-6050 MEMS module (accelerometer, gyroscope, temperature sensors)
- Built-in xBee socket for exchangeable wireless communication modules (GSM, WIFI, xBee)
- SIM800L xBee module with self-popping micro SIM socket
- Self-popping microSD slot with cover
- Molex connector for external GPS receiver
- Enclosure dimensions: 60x48x20mm
- Powered from OBD-II port (low power consumption)
- Programmable as an Arduino UNO (sketch uploaded via USB or BLE)
- Rapid access to OBD-II PIDs (including VIN)
- Reading and clearing trouble code (DTC)
- Measuring G-force with accelerometer
- Measuring battery voltage with built-in voltmeter
- BLE wireless communication with iOS and Android devices
- WIFI and cellular network support (by xBee modules)
- High update rate GPS positioning (by external GPS receiver)
- microSD data storage up to 32GB
- Upgrading OBD-II solution firmware via USB
If you are a developer, you may have interest to take a look at the open-source reference firmware (a.k.a sketch) that is still being developed.
As you may or may not know, we are working intensively on the next generation of Freematics Vehicle Data Logger.