Freematics Vehicle Data Logger is a hardware device capable of logging and transmitting a car’s mechanic data, motion data and GPS coordinates over Internet (2G/3G/WIFI).
In addition to real-time monitoring, through data mining, some useful information can be extracted for car rental/sharing industry.
- Driving distance and duration daily/weekly/monthly or within a specific period of time
- Parking locations and duration
- Aggressive driving (accelerating, braking) incidents and locations
- Long-time idling incidents and locations
- Violent body shocking incidents (possible accidents)
- Speeding, overtime parking and other violations (requires local road data)
- Use of toll roads (requires local road data)
The data logger device embeds a WCDMA/GSM module and requires a data SIM card for sending data over Internet. The device can be directly plugged into car’s standard OBD-II port or installed out of visual.
A web-based portal or mobile phone App can be customized for monitoring and viewing vehicle real-time and historical data anywhere anytime.